Charge controllers are used to properly charge a battery bank to a designated voltage; the charge is usually 12, 24, or 48 volts. The charge controller is a fixture in off-grid applications such as a weekend cabin, battery maintenace for communications, or for any other use that involves a healthy battery bank.
The finest 30 amp MPPT charge controller for Solar, *Wind or *Hydro!
The KID’s HyperVOC feature allows up to 162VOC. (The KID will not be harmed by voltages between 150 and 162VDC (this is the HyperVOC range). The KID will remain in standby until the voltage is 150v or below.
- Solar, *Wind or *Hydro modes
- MPPT Tracking
- True paralleling - Inputs and Outputs for two KIDs
- Up to 150V input
- MidNite’s exclusive HyperVOC extends the input voltage beyond 150 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Load/Clipper function user selectable. Clipper function is used on *wind and *hydro and requires an additional MidNite KID Clipper
- Lighting Controller: dusk-dawn, hourly, day, night settings
- Up to 30 amps battery output with low input voltage based off of PV configuration
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp Sensor standard with marine version
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load/clipper. Marine version supplied with circuit breaker load circuit
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Boat mount bracket included on marine versions)
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA